Developed for us by gastronomic influencer and BBQ supremo Neil Clifton, this recipe is a surefire summer winner.
And don’t worry, it doesn't need too much rum - so you'll have plenty left for sundown cocktails!
What you'll need:
- 340g ketchup
- 200g brown sugar
- 120ml water
- 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 4 tsp. Lost Years Four Island rum
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk all ingredients until combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and store refrigerated in an airtight container.