Turtles & Tiki - a Lost Years Signature Serve
This is one of three awesome tiki-inspired cocktails created by @doctorofalcohol for @craftrumbox and featuring our glorious sea turtle-saving signature blend, Four Island.
-30ml Lost Years Four Island rum
-20ml Bitter Bianco aperitif
-5ml Hibiscus liqueur (atomised as garnish)
-60ml Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
-20ml Freshly squeezed lime juice
-15ml Homemade cinnamon syrup
-1 Dash angostura bitter.
Shake & strain over cubed ice. Cap with crushed ice & garnish. Finish with hibiscus liqueur atomised over the top. Serve in a highball glass.
How to make cinnamon syrup:
- Boil a kettle & mix 100ml boiled water with 100ml (by volume) light brown sugar.
- Meanwhile lightly break a cinnamon stick into flakes.
- Stir the cinnamon tick flakes into the sugar mixture & seal in a container with a lid.
- Give everything a good shake & leave for 1 hour.
- Strain out the mixture until flake free.
- The remaining liquid is your cinnamon syrup.
2 x pineapple leaves, dehydrated lime wheel & atomised hibiscus liqueur