Riding on Shells - a Lost Years Signature Serve
This stunner is one of three awesome tiki-inspired cocktails created by @doctorofalcohol for @craftrumbox and featuring our glorious sea turtle-saving signature blend, Four Island.
Called ‘Riding on shells’, this serve requires a little more effort than normal as it involves making a fat wash, but it’s well worth it!
- 40ml Pistachio butter fat-washed Lost Years Four Island rum
- 10ml Creme de banana
- 5ml Mango syrup
- 2 Dashes pineapple bitters
Stir & strain all ingredients over ice. Serve in a rocks glass.
How to fat wash:
Ratio: 60ml rum : 5ml Pistachio butter
- Heat pistachio butter until runny & mix with rum in a container with a lid.
- Seal lid & shake to mix.
- Place in freezer for 6-8 hours.
- The pistachio butter will freeze, the rum won’t. The rum will pull the flavour out of the butter.
- Cloth strain the mixture leaving the solids in the cloth & the pistachio fat washed rum will filter through.
- Seal in a fresh container & enjoy.