LOST YEARS ARRIBADA BANANA OLD FASHIONED
With its warm, mellow and oaky flavour profile, Lost Years Arribada is always a great choice for a rum old fashioned and you'll already find a number of recipes for this classic here in our cocktail archive.
This new one is something special though - a banana rum old fashioned! A bold drink which balances the bitterness of orange with tropical banana, naturally sweet cask aged rum and sugar to taste, it's heaven in a glass.
What you'll need:
- 60ml Lost Years Arribada
- 5-10ml Banana & cacao syrup (see below)
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 dashes orange bitters
For the syrup:
- 1 banana, sliced (frozen works well)
- Heaped teaspoon cacao nibs
- 200g Granulated sugar
- 150ml Water
How to do it:
- First, make up the syrup - heat ingredients until dissolved, simmer gently for 10 minutes, leave to cool.
- Fill a mixing glass with ice and add all the ingredients. Stir for five seconds and strain into an old fashioned or rocks glass, over a single large ice cube or sphere.
- Twist orange peel over the drink to express the citrus oils and stuck into the glass.
- Sit back and enjoy.